Re: Default LSA creation

Acee Lindem <acee@REDBACK.COM> Fri, 11 October 2002 20:32 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:34:11 -0400
From: Acee Lindem <acee@REDBACK.COM>
Subject: Re: Default LSA creation
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Mani Devarajan wrote:

>      ASBR
>       -----     ------     -----    -------
>      |     |   |      |   |     |  |       |
>      | R1  |   | R2   |   |  R3 |  |  R5   |
>      |     |   |      |   |     |  |       |
>       -----     ------     -----    -------
>        |  |I1 I2|  | |I4  I5|  |I6 I9| |
>  RIP---    -----   |  ------    -----  |
>            AREA1   |  AREA 0    AREA2  |
>                    |I3                 |I10
>                    |      -----        |
>                    |   I7|     |I8     |
>                     -----|  R4 |-------
>                    AREA0 |     | AREA2
>                           -----
>         * AREA2 is NSSA.
>
> Accee, this is question is similar to what Takenaga
> asked. But still my doubt is not cleared.
>
> So if R5 chosses the default route through R4, and
> If i bring down the I3. R4 is still a NSSA ABR so
> it will not flush the default-type7 LSA it generated
> in NSSA-2.
>
> Do you mean to say that it is the job of R5 to
> recalculate it routes through R3 or interface I3
> going down should be avoided.

Nope. Assuming I7 is still up (even though I3 is down),
R4 still is an ABR and should be originating an NSSA
type 7 default. In this situation you may want to inhibit
automatic origination of the NSSA type 7 default or take
steps to reduce the possibility that your backbone will
become partitioned.

--
Acee