Re: [P2PSIP] New version of draft-matthews-p2psip-id-loc

Philip Matthews <philip_matthews@magma.ca> Wed, 19 March 2008 15:53 UTC

From: Philip Matthews <philip_matthews@magma.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:50:50 -0400
To: "Henderson, Thomas R" <thomas.r.henderson@boeing.com>
Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] New version of draft-matthews-p2psip-id-loc
Sender: p2psip-bounces@ietf.org

[Private reply]

Tom:

I am not quite sure now what the direction forward is for ID-LOC. The
comments we got in the P2PSIP group meeting is that this work might
not be appropriate for P2PSIP, and this should perhaps be pursued in
the transport area. I don't know if I totally agree, because I think
a P2P overlay has the advantage that both ends must implement
whatever the agree protocol is. But we certainly got push-back, and
people don't see this as similar to HIP.

- Philip