[p2p-sip] New I-D: The effect of NATs on P2P SIP Overlay Architecture

kns10 at cs.columbia.edu (Kundan Singh) Tue, 28 February 2006 21:41 UTC

From: "kns10 at cs.columbia.edu"
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:41:28 -0500
Subject: [p2p-sip] New I-D: The effect of NATs on P2P SIP Overlay Architecture

> The plain text version of the draft is available at
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-nats-and-
> overlays-00.txt

I liked the analysis in the draft and agree with the conclusions.

sec 4.4.3: I think Kademlia does symmetric that can fit the description
there.

sec 4.4.2: I think the number 160 is misleading, since usually
N << 2^160, and nodes will maintain only approx O(logN) connections. For
example, only 32 connections per peer for four billion peers (2^32).

sec 4.3: just to understand: is static connection == pointers in DHT
routing table? and dynamic == call setup? Otherwise, what does static mean?

Regards.