[P2PSIP] New Draft available online: Different types of nodes in P2PSIP

"Yao Wang" <yaowang.bupt@gmail.com> Tue, 27 November 2007 01:06 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type:x-mailer:x-mimeole:thread-index; bh=YKwnFEpmPA4qUfarABXOZpqLx+D/1TJFtZB9m1AwGN8=; b=vJvY6NmHglPp7EmSjqWOPUA4I67LBThRN+ikcaZuHFjd4BUpbl9NbN2ifxiUwihL44YqZDzVrIQhV7KCuwlr4CjdidgseJvDfN1yfJlCHY2wfKPVjioQAxWII/v2ifSUqY57RejGozjKz9FrHZ7xn+zMx5L8jJiVH1ukhINZgeM=
From: Yao Wang <yaowang.bupt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:07:36 +0800
Subject: [P2PSIP] New Draft available online: Different types of nodes in P2PSIP

Hello, everyone

         Thanks to Mr. Bryan’s help, our new draft, which is named as “Different types of nodes in P2PSIP”, is currently available online at http://www.p2psip.org/drafts/draft-li-p2psip-node-types-00.txt.

This document is an attempt to classify different types of node in peer-to-peer Session Initiation Protocol (P2PSIP).  Four possible types of nodes in P2PSIP are discussed based on two characters: whether it offers overlay-routing services and whether it offers storage functions.  The behaviors of each type of nodes and their possible necessities are analyzed.  This document is dedicated to be a reference for clarifying some controversial terms in P2PSIP working group, such as "client", "low-function peer", etc.

This draft was published firstly as an attachment on last Friday. Until now, there have been some discussions which we appreciate very much on this subject. We will modify some descriptions of this draft based on the rough consensus of the discussions if necessary.

Comments are always welcomed.

Sincerely yours,

Yao Wang

Mobile Life and New Media Lab, BUPT