[P2PSIP] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-p2psip-share-09: (with COMMENT)

"Stephen Farrell" <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Thu, 03 November 2016 12:43 UTC

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 05:43:24 -0700
Cc: draft-ietf-p2psip-share@ietf.org, marc@petit-huguenin.org, p2psip@ietf.org, p2psip-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: [P2PSIP] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-p2psip-share-09: (with COMMENT)

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-p2psip-share-09: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-share/

COMMENT:

- General: this feels more like an experimental spec. If the
authors didn't object I think that'd be more appropriate.

- General: can these ACLs be resources to which access is
controlled via another of these ACLs? If so, then it seems like
there may be some nasty corner-cases where things get lost (so
nobody can change 'em in future) and I don't see how one might
recover from that. (Apologies if I'm just mixed up here, I read
this fairly quickly and didn't reload RELOAD into my little head
first;-)

- 3.1: 24 bits of collision resistance isn't many. I'm not clear
why that's ok

- 3.1, last para: SHA-1 isn't a good example really, SHA-256
would be better today.

- 5.3: Is the mapping to USER and DOMAIN from certificates
well-defined? It may be in RELOAD, I forget, sorry;-) It doesn't
seem to be well-defined here anyway.