RE: [P2PSIP] Re: Comments on draft-jennings-p2psip-security-00

<marcin.matuszewski@nokia.com> Mon, 19 March 2007 10:24 UTC

Subject: RE: [P2PSIP] Re: Comments on draft-jennings-p2psip-security-00
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:24:37 +0200
From: marcin.matuszewski@nokia.com
To: fluffy@cisco.com, dbryan@sipeerior.com
Cc: philip_matthews@magma.ca, p2psip@ietf.org

Hi,

I agree with Cullen. Every device has an owner (an individual person or
an organization). A device typically do not behave maliciously. This is
the owner that may try to attack a system using the device. And even if
there are many admins, they typically belong to the same organization
(they represent the organization).

Can a peerID change? If the peerID is based on an IP address then the
peerID changes when the device moves from one subnet to another.

PeerID can also be designed so it includes location information.

Marcin