[Pals] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-03: (with COMMENT)

Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com> Thu, 31 August 2017 10:48 UTC

From: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw@ietf.org, Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@gmail.com>, pals-chairs@ietf.org, stewart.bryant@gmail.com, pals@ietf.org, sbanks@encrypted.net
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 03:48:33 -0700
Subject: [Pals] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-03: (with COMMENT)

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-03: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw/

COMMENT:

Here is Sarah's OPS DIR review. Her Why (Do I care?) comment resonates with me:
I could not find the information.

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments
were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF
drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD
reviews during the IESG review. Document editors and WG chairs should treat

        I think the document is almost ready to go. I don't have technical
        issue with the content, but I think the document reads in parts like
        several authors cut/paste/contributed, and the document doesn't flow
        well in spots. Perhaps this is a personal choice, but I believe that
        documents that read with some amount of approachability with respect to
        all interested readers, and not just hard core
        whatever-the-protocol-is-fanatics, benefits our community for the
        better. Last, maybe it's the product manager in me, and not the
        development engineer, but why do I care? Is this just to add LDP as
        another mechanism for establishing the PW? Is there some deficit that's
        being addressed by LDP that existing mechanisms don't solve? This isn't
        addressed in a way that resonates in the document, for me. Last, while
        super picky, the acronym "PSN" was used in the abstract before being
        properly introduced. This was mostly made more noticeable by the fact
        that the rest of the draft does a fantastic job of introducing the
        terms before using the acronym.