[Pals] initiating the Open MNA calls

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Fri, 28 April 2023 18:08 UTC

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:08:20 +0200
To: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "pals@ietf.org" <pals@ietf.org>, DetNet WG <detnet@ietf.org>
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Cc: "mpls-chairs@ietf.org" <mpls-chairs@ietf.org>, "pals-chairs@ietf.org" <pals-chairs@ietf.org>, DetNet Chairs <detnet-chairs@ietf.org>
Subject: [Pals] initiating the Open MNA calls

MPLS, PALS, and DetNet WGs:

The combined chairs had a meeting to discuss the future of the MPLS
Open design team, and came to the following conclusion:

a. We are concluding the MPLS Open design team.

b. Per feedback received from WG participants, we are beginning a new
    method to drive the MNA work. We will call this the Open MNA Calls.

c. The proposed new charter for the Open MNA Calls will be:

    - The goal of the Open MNA Calls are to provide early review and
      comment proposals to help the MPLS WG flush out issues and
      points for discussion and decision thereby speeding up the
      document development process. The calls provide a discussion
      forum to support authors, editors and chairs.
    - Another objective of the Open MNA Calls is ensure that new MNA
      solutions and approaches meet the agreed MNA use cases,
      requirements, and framework. MNA solutions should be converged
      to the greatest extent possible.
    - Anyone interested to join the Open MNA Calls may join by using
      the call invite.
    - No technical decisions will be taken by the Open MNA Calls,
      just agreement on proposals or recommendations to the chairs
      and working group. All technical decisions will be made by the
      MPLS working group on the working group mailing list.
    - Open MNA Call notes (including a list of participants) will be
      sent to the MPLS WG mailing list following each call.

Please reply on the MPLS WG mailing list ONLY with comments on this
proposal. The Open MNA calls will start immediately, but we might
update the charter based comments.

Thanks,
The MPLS, PALS, and DetNet chairs

--