[Pals] Spencer Dawkins' Yes on draft-ietf-pals-congcons-01: (with COMMENT)

"Spencer Dawkins" <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com> Wed, 06 January 2016 22:59 UTC

From: Spencer Dawkins <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 14:59:07 -0800
Cc: pals-chairs@ietf.org, agmalis@gmail.com, pals@ietf.org, draft-ietf-pals-congcons@ietf.org
Subject: [Pals] Spencer Dawkins' Yes on draft-ietf-pals-congcons-01: (with COMMENT)

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pals-congcons-01: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-congcons/

COMMENT:

So, very nice. I have one request for you to consider.

In this text:

   The figures presented above demonstrate that TDM service quality
   degradation generally occurs before the TDM PW would consume more
   bandwidth that a comparable TCP flow.  Thus while TDM PWs are unable
   to respond to congestion in a TCP-like manner, TDM PWs that are able
   to deliver acceptable TDM service do not contribute to congestion
   significantly more than a TCP flow.  Combined with our earlier
   conclusion that Ethernet PWs respond in TCP-like fashion, leads to
   our final conclusion that no PW-specific congestion-avoidance
   mechanisms are required.

I can't tell whether or not you're saying that a TPM PW only needs a
circuit breaker as an absolute last resort, or it doesn't need a circuit
breaker, or something else. If you could finish the last sentence with a
word about that, I think it would be helpful.