Re: [Pals] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp-08: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com> Wed, 06 July 2016 07:44 UTC

From: Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com>
To: "Mirja Kuehlewind (IETF)" <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 07:43:40 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.102.135]
Cc: "stewart.bryant@gmail.com" <stewart.bryant@gmail.com>, "pals-chairs@ietf.org" <pals-chairs@ietf.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp@ietf.org>, "pals@ietf.org" <pals@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Pals] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp-08: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hi Mirja,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Indeed, the "MUST be zero" part is also a Reserved part, but it is reserved only for Flag usage.

In section 2.1 there is text (as below) about the Flag field definition:
"The Flag field is 2 octets in length, two flags are defined in this document. The rest unallocated flags MUST be set to zero when sending, and MUST be ignored when received."

Do you think this is enough? Or Maybe I could change the "MUST be zero" to "unallocated flags".

Best regards,
Mach