RE: Protection capability needed? (was RE: [Pana] Other suggestions for pana-pana)

"Alper Yegin" <alper.yegin@yegin.org> Sat, 07 October 2006 22:06 UTC

From: Alper Yegin <alper.yegin@yegin.org>
To: 'Yoshihiro Ohba' <yohba@tari.toshiba.com>
Subject: RE: Protection capability needed? (was RE: [Pana] Other suggestions for pana-pana)
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 01:01:23 +0300
Cc: 'Mark Townsley' <townsley@cisco.com>, pana@ietf.org

Yoshi,

Irrespective of whether PANA is used, "how PaC knows the right layer to
enable per-packet security" is an orthogonal issue (note PANA's business).
Agreed?

If so, unless the appropriate per-packet security was already established
prior to PANA execution, PaC can figure out that it needs to be enabled
after PANA.

I think this is how we can clean PANA off this mechanism. Sure I agree that
an explicit message like we have in PANA is, well, "more explicit!" But I
think this approach also make sense, especially for the sake of simplifying
the PANA.

Alper