RE: [Pce] comments on draft-ietf-pce-pcecp-interarea-reqs-00.txt

"LE ROUX Jean-Louis RD-CORE-LAN" <jeanlouis.leroux@francetelecom.com> Mon, 13 February 2006 17:44 UTC

Subject: RE: [Pce] comments on draft-ietf-pce-pcecp-interarea-reqs-00.txt
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:44:31 +0100
From: LE ROUX Jean-Louis RD-CORE-LAN <jeanlouis.leroux@francetelecom.com>
To: dpapadimitriou@psg.com, dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be, pce@ietf.org
Sender: pce-bounces@lists.ietf.org

Hi Dimitri

Please see inline,

Sure, but it drastically reduces crankback probability.
Btw, the above text never say that a PCE prevents from crankback...

> section 5 present two models, would it be possible to
> consider that homogeneity is not necessarily verified, e.g.
> an area having a single ABR does not a PCE to reach the local
> exit point

Could you clarify please?

> section 7.13 should discuss scaling wrt to the TEDB wrt to
> single PCE model it is stated that such consideration is
> beyond the scope of the document i would more than certainly
> re-consider this since this a necessary condition for
> supporting the "all area" PCE model (is this not a single
> point of failure ? or are specifics in terms of resilience
> outside the scope of this document)

Note that this draft discusses PCECP requirements and hence this section is dedicated to PCECP scalability. This is why TEDB size is out of the scope.
By the way, please note that we are going to move models description (section 5) to an applicability statement draft to be posted soon.

Thanks

JL