Re: [Pce] PCEP ERO

"Zhangxian (Xian)" <zhang.xian@huawei.com> Tue, 17 June 2014 02:16 UTC

From: "Zhangxian (Xian)" <zhang.xian@huawei.com>
To: Igor Bryskin <IBryskin@advaoptical.com>, "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, 'Dhruv Dhody' <dhruv.ietf@gmail.com>, 'Julien Meuric' <julien.meuric@orange.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 02:16:39 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.66.104.209]
Cc: "pce@ietf.org" <pce@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Pce] PCEP ERO

Hi, Igor,

  I think you raise up a good question.

  Just wonder if the text in Section 6.1.2 of RFC4990 (copied below) touch upon the very same problem and provide some guidance?

--------Section 6.1.2 of RFC4990
There are two differences between Loose and Strict subobjects.

   o  A subobject marked as a loose hop in an ERO must not be followed
      by a subobject indicating a label value [RFC3473].

   o  A subobject marked as a loose hop in an ERO should never include
      an identifier (i.e., address or ID) of the outgoing interface.

   There is no way to specify in an ERO whether a subobject identifies
   an incoming or outgoing TE link.  Path computation must be performed
   by an LSR when it encounters a loose hop in order to resolve the LSP
   route to the identified next hop.  If an interface is specified as a
   loose hop and is treated as an incoming interface, the path
   computation will select a path that enters an LSR through that
   interface.  If the interface was intended to be used as an outgoing
   interface, the computed path may be unsatisfactory and the explicit
   route in the ERO may be impossible to resolve.  Thus a loose hop that
   identifies an interface should always identify the incoming TE link
   in the data plane.

Regards,
Xian