Re: [Pce] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zhang-pce-pcep-stateful-pce-gmpls-00.txt

Robert Varga <robert.varga@pantheon.sk> Tue, 10 July 2012 09:10 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:10:22 +0200
From: Robert Varga <robert.varga@pantheon.sk>
To: pce@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Pce] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zhang-pce-pcep-stateful-pce-gmpls-00.txt

Hi,

upon briefly skimming the draft, I would like to suggest splitting
application-specific extensions into separate drafts.

Especially section 2.6.1 (time-based scheduling) merits its own draft
because of all the issues one runs into when dealing with distributed
systems and time. It is obvious that PCC and PCE clocks need to be
somehow synchronized -- which is a new operational requirement not
considered in PCEP. I think race windows, security implications and the
impact of loss of synchronization needs to be described, too.

Bye,
Robert