Re: [Pce] Comments on draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-igp

JP Vasseur <jvasseur@cisco.com> Thu, 22 June 2006 19:32 UTC

From: JP Vasseur <jvasseur@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Pce] Comments on draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-igp
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:29:02 -0400
To: Lucy Yong <lucyyong@huawei.com>
Cc: pce@ietf.org

Hi Lucy,

On Jun 22, 2006, at 12:17 PM, Lucy Yong wrote:

> Hi JP,
>

> Does that mean all PCCs and PCEs under one IGP? How about PCE
> partitioning? Does a PCC get PCE announcement from only PCEs it
> discovers, or from all PCEs within IGP.
>

> Looks like I miss something.
Yes.

Not sure how to help you there since the formulation of your question
is quite confusing. Let me try to restate what I said: this ID
defines a PCE discovery mechanisms based on IGP (compliant with the
requirement ID on PCE discovery). All PCC and PCE acting as PCC will
discover PCEs thanks to these IGP extensions wherever the LSA/LSP is
flooded (see the ID for details).

JP.