RE: [Pce] A New Internet-Draft on Advertising of inter-AS TE links

"Greg Mirsky" <gmirsky@turinnetworks.com> Mon, 05 February 2007 21:24 UTC

Subject: RE: [Pce] A New Internet-Draft on Advertising of inter-AS TE links
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:24:43 -0800
From: Greg Mirsky <gmirsky@turinnetworks.com>
To: Zhang Renhai <zhangrenhai@huawei.com>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org, pce@ietf.org

Dear Zhang,
thank you for your response. I've read the newer version of the draft as
you suggested and below are my questions:
- would you agree that usually ASBRs are eBGP speakers and are fully
mesh connected. In that case eBGP can be viable solution for the
inter-AS TE links computation by ASBR.
- I'm concerned with scaling aspect of flooding inter-AS TE information
throughout both AS and an area and I see that you're concerned as well
(SHOULD for Type 10 and MAY for Type 11). I think that it would be
helpful if use of both Type 10 and Type 11 for inter-AS TE Link
advertisement be illustrated by scenarios. I think that use of area
scope makes these OSPF extensions less applicable to inter-AS path
computation by the head-end LSR/LER.
- Could you please illustrate which links are excluded by the following:
"   Routers or PCEs that are capable of processing advertisements of
   inter-AS TE links SHOULD NOT use such links to compute paths that
   exit an AS to a remote ASBR and then immediately re-enter the AS.
   Such paths would constitute extremely rare occurrences and MUST only
   be allowed as the result of specific policy configuration at the
   router or PCE computing the path."
Are there two links that interconnect a pair of ASBRs that belong to two
different neighboring ASes?

	Regards,
		Greg