Re: [PCN] **DRAFT** PCN wg agenda for IETF 72

<philip.eardley@bt.com> Wed, 16 July 2008 13:33 UTC

Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:34:13 +0100
From: philip.eardley@bt.com
To: menth@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Cc: pcn@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [PCN] **DRAFT** PCN wg agenda for IETF 72
Sender: pcn-bounces@ietf.org

Michael,
Sure, hopefully already got your suggestion

2.5.  Excess traffic meter function
If the token bucket is within an MTU of being empty, then
   the meter SHOULD indicate to the Marking function that the packet is
   to be excess-traffic-marked; MTU means the maximum size of PCN-
   packets on the link.  Otherwise the meter does not indicate marking.

And In appendix B.5.  Excess traffic metering
   Packet size independent marking is specified as a SHOULD in Section
   2.4 ( "If the token bucket is within an MTU of being empty, then the
   meter SHOULD indicate to the Marking function that the packet is to
   be excess-traffic-marked; MTU means the maximum size of PCN-packets
   on the link.")  Without it, large packets are more likely to be
   excess-traffic-marked than small packets and this means that, with
   some edge behaviours, flows with large packets are more likely to be
   terminated than flows with small packets
   [I-D.draft-briscoe-tsvwg-byte-pkt-mark] [Menth].

Ok or need improving?

Thanks
phil