PCN for multidomain (was: [PCN] Drafts for Chicago)

Bob Briscoe <rbriscoe@jungle.bt.co.uk> Sat, 16 June 2007 18:19 UTC

Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:18:47 +0100
To: Steven Blake <steven.blake@ericsson.com>
From: Bob Briscoe <rbriscoe@jungle.bt.co.uk>
Subject: PCN for multidomain (was: [PCN] Drafts for Chicago)
Cc: pcn <pcn@ietf.org>

Steven,

I forgot, there's a 4th PCN-related draft I plan to update before Chicago
(link below).

It's outside the scope of the current charter, being about interconnection
of multiple PCN domains.

But as that subject is explicitly down to "keep strongly in mind" for next
rechartering, I assume it's OK to at least bring it to the w-g's attention.

This doc is designed to help in discussions about mark encoding. So I'm
willing to present it within the PCN w-g whenever we get to that point in
the discussions.

A number of people have suggested we should have an unofficial side mtg in
Chicago about PCN for multi-domain. Would that be useful? Or do you (the
co-chairs) want to keep this within the w-g session?

Whatever, so I get an idea of numbers, would anyone interested in
multidomain (other than those who already met in Prague or sent apologies)
pls contact me  (I'm away from mail for a week so don't expect an immediate
reply).

-------
The current version recently expired, but you can get it from my pubs page.

"Emulating Border Flow Policing using Re-ECN on Bulk Data"
<http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/pubs.html#repcn>
draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-border-cheat-01

If I get it done before the -00 deadline I'll change its name to
draft-briscoe-re-pcn-border-cheat-00

Bob