RE: [PCN] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-babiarz-pcn-3sm-00.txt

"Jozef Babiarz" <babiarz@nortel.com> Thu, 19 July 2007 16:50 UTC

Subject: RE: [PCN] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-babiarz-pcn-3sm-00.txt
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:49:59 -0400
From: Jozef Babiarz <babiarz@nortel.com>
To: menth@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de, philip.eardley@bt.com
Cc: pcn@ietf.org

Hi Phil, just to add to what Michael wrote, there is no requirement for
"s" to be the same value within a domain. We have done simulations with
several different values and the "s" parameter controls how aggressively
overload condition is removed. In our simulations, we have used the
following formula to calculate a value for s for voice traffic; IP data
rate of a flow (G.711 codec) x RTT (total route trip delay ingress to
egress) x 2 = s.
As Michael indicated we still need to do a bit more work to provide
guideless on a range of values for s that would be good to use in a
single domain, and multi domains.

Regards, Joe
email:babiarz@nortel.com