Re: [pcp] Comments on draft-ietf-pcp-dhcp-03

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Tue, 07 August 2012 12:59 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: Dave Thaler <dthaler@microsoft.com>, "Reinaldo Penno (repenno)" <repenno@cisco.com>, "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 14:58:51 +0200
acceptlanguage: fr-FR
Subject: Re: [pcp] Comments on draft-ietf-pcp-dhcp-03

Dear all,

I added this text to the draft:

   The discovery procedure may result in a PCP Client instantiating
   multiple mappings maintained by distinct PCP Servers.  The decision to
   use all these mappings or delete some of them is deployment-specific.
   Only the client can decide whether all the mappings are needed or
   only a subset of them.

I don't think we can say more in this draft. This is really a deployment-specific issue.

Cheers,
Med