Re: [pcp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pcp-description-option-05.txt

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Tue, 25 February 2014 12:33 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>, "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:33:12 +0100
acceptlanguage: fr-FR
Subject: Re: [pcp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pcp-description-option-05.txt

Dear Matt,

This option is defined in the optional to process range (see IANA section).

The draft follows the behavior in RFC6887, particularly this part:

   If the overall option structure of a request is valid, then how each
   individual option is handled is determined by the most significant
   bit in the option code.  If the most significant bit is set, handling
   this option is optional, and a PCP server MAY process or ignore this
   option, entirely at its discretion.  If the most significant bit is
   clear, handling this option is mandatory, and a PCP server MUST
   return the error MALFORMED_OPTION if the option contents are
   malformed, or UNSUPP_OPTION if the option is unrecognized,
   unimplemented, or disabled, or if the client is not authorized to use
   the option.  In error responses, all options are returned.  In
   success responses, all processed options are included and unprocessed
   options are not included.

Cheers,
Med