Re: [pcp] Confirming consensus from WG meetings

Margaret Wasserman <mrw@lilacglade.org> Thu, 29 March 2012 08:58 UTC

From: Margaret Wasserman <mrw@lilacglade.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:58:08 +0200
To: "Henderickx, Wim (Wim)" <wim.henderickx@alcatel-lucent.com>
Cc: "'pcp@ietf.org'" <pcp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [pcp] Confirming consensus from WG meetings

Hi Wim,

As I said in my response to Christian, we do not have the option of publishing the Base Specification now with the THIRD_PARTY option in it and no mandatory-to-implement security mechanism.  We either need to add a normative reference to a security mechanism to the Base Spec (and wait for the security mechanism to be approved before we publish the Base Spec), or break the THIRD_PARTY option out in to a separate document (that will normatively reference a security mechanism), so that we can get the rest of the Base Spec published now.

Could you please read my response to Christian (my previous message to PCP), and let me know which of the two choices listed in that message you would actually prefer?

Thanks,
Margaret