Re: Latest PEM ietf drafts

List Master (agent: David Balenson) <pem-dev-request@tis.com> Sat, 11 July 1992 04:07 UTC

From: List Master <pem-dev-request@tis.com>
To: E.Switalski@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Cc: pem-dev@tis.com
Subject: Re: Latest PEM ietf drafts
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1992 00:08:07 -0400
Sender: pem-dev-relay@tis.com

>     I am looking for the latest ietf drafts on PEM.
>
> The newest documnets I could find on (nis.msf.net) were:
>
>  draft-ietf-pem-algorithms-00.txt
>  draft-ietf-pem-keymgmt-00-00.txt
>  draft-ietf-pem-msgproc-01.txt
>  draft-ietf-pem-norary-00.txt
>
> all dated may-sept 1991.
>
>     Do you have anything more recent ??
>
>    Ed Switalski

Ed-

As Steve Kent mentioned, the latest drafts have been distributed via
the PEM-DEV mailing list and are available in the PEM-DEV archives.

	volume 2 number 68
	  Part I: Message Encryption and Authentication Procedures
	  John Linn, DEC, 7 May 1992

	volume 2 number 53
	  Part II: Certificate-Based Key Management
	  Steve Kent, BBN, 23 March 1992

	volume 2 number 58
	  Part III: Algorithms, Modes, and Identifiers
	  David Balenson, TIS, April 1992

	volume 2 number 59
	  Part IV: Key Certification and Related Services
	  Burt Kaliski, RSA Labs, 15 April 1992

I expect that final drafts will be submitted to be published as
Internet Drafts in the not-to-distant future, perhaps shortly after
next week's PEM WG session at the IETF meeting.  In the meantime,
the latest drafts, and discussions thereof, are available in the
PEM-DEV archives.

As a reminder to all, the instructions for accessing the PEM-DEV
archives via email are attached.

-David Balenson <pem-dev-request@tis.com>

----

The archives are available by sending a message to "pem-dev-request@tis.com".
The Subject field of the message, which must be located in the headers of the
message, should be formatted as follows:

	Subject: get pem-dev archive volume VOL number NUM

where "VOL" is the volume number of the digest and "NUM" is the number of
that volume.  Do NOT including leading zeroes.  The volume number changes
when it is convenient for the maintainer, not at specific intervals.  The
second of two volumes is currently under construction.

The message must contain a Reply-To field, either in the body or in the
headers of the message, formatted as follows:

where "ADDRESS" is your address AS IT WOULD LOOK TO MY HOST.  I will help
you determine that address if you need it.  If you place the "reply-to" in
the headers rather than the body, you must be certain that it will be
altered properly along the path to me so that it reflects the proper return
address.

An index is available for each volume.  It may be retrieved by requesting
number 0 of the desired volume.  The index consists of a collection of the
subject lines of all messages in all the digests of the requested volume,
preceded by the digest number in which that subject line appears.