[pim] Éric Vyncke's Abstain on draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-proxy-yang-08: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 24 November 2022 15:36 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-proxy-yang@ietf.org, pim-chairs@ietf.org, pim@ietf.org, stig@venaas.com, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, stig@venaas.com
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 07:36:38 -0800
Subject: [pim] Éric Vyncke's Abstain on draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-proxy-yang-08: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-proxy-yang-08: Abstain

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-proxy-yang/

COMMENT:

# Éric Vyncke, INT AD, comments for draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-proxy-yang-08

CC @evyncke

Thank you for the work put into this document. As I cannot agree with the
section 2.3, I am balloting ABSTAIN as it does not fit any DISCUSS criteria
(which would be my personal choice).

Please find below one non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated about my ABSTAIN), and one nit.

Special thanks to Stig Venaas for the shepherd's detailed write-up including
the WG consensus *but* missing the justification of the intended status.

I hope that this review helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

## COMMENTS

### Section 2.3

Having two different branches for MLD and IGMP can only lead to operational
difficulties as two branches need to be handled. Operators won't have a easy
way to manage both MLD and IGMP in the same network.

I expressed *exactly* the same point for RFC 8652.

Isn't it defeating the purpose of having a data model ?

## NITS

### Yang in uppercase

Please use YANG in all uppercase (notably in the RFC title) as it is an acronym.

## Notes

This review is in the ["IETF Comments" Markdown format][ICMF], You can use the
[`ietf-comments` tool][ICT] to automatically convert this review into
individual GitHub issues.

[ICMF]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/blob/main/format.md
[ICT]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments