[pim] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt]

Bharat Joshi <bharat_joshi@infosys.com> Tue, 20 June 2006 11:09 UTC

From: Bharat Joshi <bharat_joshi@infosys.com>
To: pim@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:32:00 +0530
Subject: [pim] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt]

Hi All,

    Sometime back BSR MIB was moved out of PIM MIB. Dave created a new
Internet draft to track the BSR MIB. As BSR is moving close to
standardization, we think it is the right time to improve upon BSR MIB.

    From the first draft, I have made couple of changes:

* Corrected references in number of objects.
* Removed some of the objects which were not required in BSR MIB.
* Added two new Traps

    During PIM MIB review, the tables in this MIB has been extensively
reviewed and so the existing tables looks in pretty good shape. The main
issue which need to be discussed here is the BSR election per zone or
per scope.

    Some time back, Dave has sent a mail on pim mailing list to generate
some discussion on this regard and we are still waiting for some
feedback.

    We are planning to discuss this with PIM WG in the 66th IETF meeting
at Montreal. If someone has any comments on this MIB before the meeting,
please let us know. I can address those comments and generate another
version of this draft before 26th.

Thanks & Regards,
Bharat

--- Begin Message ---

	Title		: PIM Bootstrap Router MIB
	Author(s)	: B. Joshi, D. McWalter
	Filename	: draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-6-19

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it describes managed objects used for managing the
   Bootstrap Router (BSR) mechanism for PIM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt"><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcwalter-pim-bsr-mib-01.txt>