RE: Comments on draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part4-03.txt

Stefan Santesson <stefan@accurata.se> Thu, 28 May 1998 13:58 UTC

Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 15:52:10 +0200
To: Santosh Chokhani <chokhani@cygnacom.com>, ietf-pkix@imc.org
From: Stefan Santesson <stefan@accurata.se>
Subject: RE: Comments on draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part4-03.txt
Sender: owner-ietf-pkix@imc.org

Hi Santoch, Thank you for your reply.

I know that the structure allows definitions for CAs, RAs, Subscribers
etc. The problem is how to include general exceptions for RAs versus
the requirements on CA. Many times this is differing depending on what
kind of services the RA is involved in and I need a place to define these
provisions.

It comes to my mind that it might be better to include general
exceptions and provisions regarding the divisions of duties between
the CA and its RAs, in the top section of the topic instead of creating
a new subsection. I.e. including my 5.1.9 under 5.1, 5.2.1.2
under 5.2.1 and 5.3.9 under 5.3. Thus avoiding un logic changes
in the structure.

The drawback of this is of course to start defining exceptions before
the actual requirements are presented in the subsections. This may
feel the wrong way round, but I'm not sure.

My main question about "2.10 Contractual Agreements" remain unanswered.

Again I higly welcome every view on this topic since I only have a few
days left to finalise this policy before approval.

Stefan