Last Call

Stephen Kent <kent@bbn.com> Tue, 30 September 1997 18:06 UTC

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 18:53:29 -0400
To: ietf-pkix@tandem.com
From: Stephen Kent <kent@bbn.com>
Subject: Last Call
Folks,

We have several revised I-Ds that have been posted recently and I'd like to
begin the WG last call process.  We discussed which I-Ds seemed to be ready
for progression during the Munich meeting, as reported in the meeting
minutes distributed to this list immediately after the meeting.  New
versions of several of the documents have been posted and are now ready for
a final review.

	- PKIX Part 1, X.509 certificate and CRL syntax,
(draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part1-05.txt),  has been in process for a long while.
Although I saw a couple of minor syntax changes proposed recently, I assume
that we're ready to close the books on this one, modulo resolution of the
proposed changes by the authors.

	- PKIX Part 2 has been split into several pieces.  The LDAP portion
(draft-ietf-pkix-ipki2opp-03.txt) is now under consideration and I've seen
no substantial comments on it. The FTP and HTTP portion,
(draft-ietf-pkix-opp-ftp-http-00.txt), is also posted, and the only
comments I've seen there are relatively minor ones re choice of MIME
context types.  I'd like to move forward on this one as well.

	- PKIX Part 3, on certificate management protocols
(draft-ietf-pkix-ipki3cmp-04.txt) has also been debated extensively and I
would progress this document as well.

	- PKIX Part IV, certificatecertification practices framework,
(draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part4-01.txt ) is up for review as an Informational
RFC, not standards track.  Although not strictly necessary, I would like to
get Wg approval to forward this document to the IESG as well.

Please send any comments on these I-Ds to the list so that we can determine
if any further changes need to to made prior to forwarding the documents to
the IESG for IETF-wide last call.

Steve