RE: WG Last Call, PKI Repository Locator

Philip Hallam-Baker <pbaker@verisign.com> Wed, 10 January 2001 18:56 UTC

From: Philip Hallam-Baker <pbaker@verisign.com>
To: 'Oscar Jacobsson' <oscar.jacobsson@celocom.com>, Tim Polk <tim.polk@nist.gov>
Cc: ietf-pkix@imc.org
Subject: RE: WG Last Call, PKI Repository Locator
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:51:28 -0800

This sounds like a good plan, the SRV draft is not really adapted to a
multi-layer protocol, but it really does not matter too much I guess so long
as clients are consistent.

The options are (I guess):

1) _pkix._http._tcp
2) _pkix_http._tcp
3) _pkixhttp._tcp

I don't really care which we do... (1) seems cleanest???

		Phill