Re: operational protocols

"Housley, Russ" <housley@spyrus.com> Mon, 07 April 1997 03:51 UTC

Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 19:42:36 -0000
From: "Housley, Russ" <housley@spyrus.com>
Encoding: 2014 Text
To: ietf-pkix@tandem.com, Stefan.Hoeben@esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Subject: Re: operational protocols

Stef:

How is LDAP different than any other access to a certificate and CRL
repository?  I do not see what makes the CIL important in the LDAP
environment more than any other environment (like FTP or full DAP).

Also, does the use of distributed, replicated Directories help solve your
concern?  If not, ow about the use of more than one distriution mechanism,
say FTP and LDAP.

Russ