Re: Last Calls

"Jeffrey I. Schiller" <jis@mit.edu> Wed, 29 October 1997 20:39 UTC

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:06:11 -0500
To: Warwick Ford <wford@verisign.com>, kent@bbn.com, ietf-pkix@tandem.com
From: "Jeffrey I. Schiller" <jis@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Last Calls
I have received some feedback directly regarding the titles of these
documents. Specifically I have been asked if we can add the token "X.509" at
appropriate places in the titles so as to no imply that the IETF has decided
that X.509 will be *the* key management infrastructure for the Internet.
I.e. The first document should be named:

"The Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Operational Protocols..."

and the second:

"The Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Representation of ..."

Can we do this please?

                              -Jeff