RE: [Sipping] [PMOL] SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics

"Marian Delkinov" <marian.delkinov@ericsson.com> Thu, 24 January 2008 11:01 UTC

Subject: RE: [Sipping] [PMOL] SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:00:37 +0100
From: Marian Delkinov <marian.delkinov@ericsson.com>
To: Daryl Malas <D.Malas@cablelabs.com>, Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>
Cc: sipping@ietf.org, pmol@ietf.org

Daryl,

Regarding adding 401/407 to the numerator of SEER, my opinion is that it
depends on the idea behind SEER definition.
1) If SEER should complement SER, but exclude the called party
behaviour, then I support keeping SEER as it is. This case matches the
NER definition in PSTN.
2) If SEER should represent the ability of the infrastructure to
establish sessions, then I would support adding 401/407 codes to the
numerator. (If you remember during our discussion over the last year, I
proposed adding all 4xx codes except 408 in the numerator of SEER, but
we then agreed that it would cover much larger scope than just excluding
the customer behaviour. Perhaps we have to define another metric to
cover those cases, if the WG supports that.)

Best regards!
Mario.