[PMOL] Re: A question about [Fwd: WG Review: Performance Metrics at Other Layers (pmol)]

Yangwoo Ko <newcat@icu.ac.kr> Tue, 30 October 2007 12:09 UTC

Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:06:45 +0900
From: Yangwoo Ko <newcat@icu.ac.kr>
To: Leslie Daigle <leslie@thinkingcat.com>
Cc: IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, ietf@ietf.org, pmol@ietf.org
Subject: [PMOL] Re: A question about [Fwd: WG Review: Performance Metrics at Other Layers (pmol)]

Since application developers have developed many tricks to smooth out
some peculiarities of network-based protocols (e.g. jitter, delay, drops
and so on), it is very often hard to related the performance
measured/perceived at application layer with those of underlying layers.
If this WG provides guidelines (or at least hints) to get over this
vagueness, I will be very happy.

Regards