Re: [Policy] Last Call: Policy Core Information Model Extensions toProposed Standard

Mircea Pana <mpana@metasolv.com> Mon, 06 May 2002 13:57 UTC

Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 09:42:10 -0400
From: Mircea Pana <mpana@metasolv.com>
To: iesg@ietf.org
CC: policy@ietf.org, brunner@ccrle.nec.de, andreaw@cisco.com
Subject: Re: [Policy] Last Call: Policy Core Information Model Extensions toProposed Standard
Sender: policy-admin@ietf.org

The "FilterList and EntriesInFilterList" issue, discussed in the attached
message, has not been closed yet. I would appreciate if the authors of
PCIMe could address it.

Thanks,
Mircea Pana.

The IESG wrote:

> The IESG has received a request from the Policy Framework Working Group
> to consider Policy Core Information Model Extensions
> <draft-ietf-policy-pcim-ext-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

> final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
> iesg@ietf.org or ietf@ietf.org mailing lists by May 17, 2002.
>
> Files can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-pcim-ext-07.txt

--- Begin Message ---
Marcus,

I agree that this restriction should be generally applicable through PCIMe to
submodels. Andrea's mail seemed to suggest that the restriction would only
apply to DiffServ/QoS. This is where my first issue came from.

In the second issue, I compare "FilterList" with "CompoundContition". Either
can be used to aggregate a Set of traffic selection criteria. IMO either both
or none of them should allow component ordering. My preference is for no
ordering.

So, the text in PCIMe would read:

" 5.21. The Class FilterList

   This is a concrete class that aggregates instances of (subclasses of)
   FilterEntryBase via the aggregation EntriesInFilterList.  It is possible
   to aggregate different types of filters into a single FilterList - for
   example, packet header filters (represented by the IpHeadersFilter class)
   and security filters (represented by subclasses of FilterEntryBase
   defined by IPsec).

   The aggregation property EntriesInFilterList.EntrySequence is always
   set to 0, to indicate that the aggregated filter entries are ANDed together
   to form a selector for a class of traffic."

Regards,
Mircea.