Requirements Document Update

"Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com> Fri, 04 January 2002 14:01 UTC

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
Subject: Requirements Document Update
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:51:33 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se

Earlier this week Ed Lewis received some additional comments from the IESG
directed at draft-ietf-provreg-grrp-reqs-03.txt.  I've made the requested
changes, and sent an updated document to the I-D administrator a few moments
ago.  Here's a summary of the changes:

1. Changed the last sentence in section 4.4.
"The protocol SHOULD be serviceable over multiple standard communications
protocols."

was changed to

"The protocol MUST only be run over IETF approved protocols that feature
congestion control, such as TCP and SCTP."

2. More fixes to "may", "must", and "should".
Lower-case variants of these words were changed to alternate terms to avoid
confusion with directives described in RFC 2119.

3. Updated the "Acknowledgements" section.
I went through the list archives and collected the names of everyone who
provided commentary on the document.  This wasn't an IESG comment, but I
took the opportunity to get it done.

4. Separated references into normative and informative subsections.
The IESG apparently wants this sort of separation to help make normative
reference dependencies more clear.

-Scott-