Re: [ietf-provreg] EPP and IDN

"Edmon Chung" <edmon@neteka.com> Thu, 31 July 2003 15:01 UTC

From: Edmon Chung <edmon@neteka.com>
To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, 'Klaus Malorny' <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] EPP and IDN
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:52:30 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se

Hi Klaus,

As Scott mentioned, I think you are right too.

My draft (draft-chung-idnop-epp-idn-00.txt) was created for registries who
are interested in handling character equivalency issues such as trad/simp
Chinese or Latin based character equivalencies.  The extension intends to
allow registries to announce character equivalency policies and
manageability as well as allow registrars/clients to further provision for
parameters within a set/bundle/package.

The concepts laid out in the draft I believe is currently tested at TWNIC's
IDN/EPP testbed.  Also, I will be updating the draft to -01 in a short while
with some corrections and also options on handling cases where large volumes
of equivalent domain sets are created by charprep policies.  The .BZ IDN
registry and perhaps the .SG registry (whom are still deciding on their
policies for IDN) will also try out the extension.

I understand that this is not currently a WG draft, but it would be great if
I could get some feedback and comments on it. :-)

Edmon