Re: [proxies] Review of draft-hoeper-proxythreat-01.txt (Part 1)

Katrin Hoeper <katrin.hoeper@nist.gov> Fri, 14 November 2008 15:54 UTC

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:54:32 -0500
To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter@restena.lu>, Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
From: Katrin Hoeper <katrin.hoeper@nist.gov>
Cc: proxies@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [proxies] Review of draft-hoeper-proxythreat-01.txt (Part 1)
Sender: proxies-bounces@ietf.org

Bernard,

thank you for your comments.

As I am working in the security area, my and my
group's main interest are naturally in securing systems.
I agree that operational and management issues
are also of great importance but given my
background, I cannot write such a document.

If there should be an interest in extending the
scope to cover both security and O&M issues,  I
am absolutely not against it, as long as there
are co-authors with O&M background taking on this task.

It seems that Stefan is interested, but I would
like to know from the rest of the list how they
feel about this extension of the scope.
And even more importantly, if they think this
would be a great idea, if they are interested to
actively contribute to the draft by becoming a co-author.

I really hope we and other interested folks can
meet in Minneapolis to discuss this.

Katrin