PWE3 Final Agenda

Danny McPherson <danny@tcb.net> Fri, 08 November 2002 21:05 UTC

From: Danny McPherson <danny@tcb.net>
Subject: PWE3 Final Agenda
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:05:06 -0700
Sender: pwe3-admin@ietf.org
Cc: mankin@psg.com, sob@harvard.edu
To: pwe3@ietf.org, agenda@ietf.org

Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge (pwe3)

THURSDAY, November 21, 2002
1300-1500
=================================

Chair: Danny McPherson <danny@tcb.net>

AGENDA:

1300-1310 Administrivia (10 minutes)
   Danny McPherson - Chair

            Agenda Bashing
            Minutes
            Blue Sheets
            WG Document Status

1310-1325 PWE3 Architecture
  Stewart Bryant <stbryant@cisco.com>
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-01.txt
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryant-pwe3-terms-01.txt
 Discussion: 1) Get confirmation that the group is happy with the
                PLD and framework merge.
             2) Confirm that Ethernet emulation model is right
                following list discusions ongoing.
             3) Terms documentation strategy (fold into arch)
             4) Last call request which will be echoed on mailing
                list.

1325-1340 PPVPN L2 Signaling
  Eric Rosen <erosen@cisco.com>
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-02.txt
 Discussion: Many of the L2VPN  provisioning models being discussed in
             PPVPN can only be supported by "martini signaling" if the
             notion of  "VCid" is generalized.   The main issue  to be
             discussed is  the need  for such generalization,  and the
             secondary   issue   is   the  particular   proposal   for
             generalization.

1340-1350 PW Management Discussion
  "Thomas D. Nadeau" <tnadeau@cisco.com>
 Discussion: MIB Update.  Discuss MPLS management concerns.

1350-1400 PWE3 TDM Draft
  Shahram Davari <Shahram_Davari@pmc-sierra.com>
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-davari-pwe3-aal12-over-psn-00.txt
 Discussion: 1) The scenarios that TDMoIP would be used,
             2) The case that AAL1/2 is specially designed
                for TDM emulation
             3) The case for interworking with existing ATM
                (AAL1) networks
             4) The case for ease of implementing ASAP (Any
                Service Any Port)

1400-1410 Issues with Control Word & Packet Loss
  "Yaakov Stein" <yaakov_s@rad.co.il>
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stein-pwe3-controlword-00.txt
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stein-pwe3-tdm-packetloss-00.txt
  Discussion: I would discuss draft-stein-pwe3-controlword-00.txt and quickly
              explain the present formats and propose that a single format be
              chosen.  I'll also discuss draft-stein-pwe3-tdm-packetloss-00.txt
              and I will display a graph of voice quality vs packet loss and
              packet loss figures, and propose that any TDM draft be tolerant
              to 1 percent packet loss.

1410-1420 Bi-directional LSPs for classical MPLS
  Rohit Dube <rohit@xebeo.com>
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dube-bidirectional-lsp-00.txt
 Discussion: I plan to discuss the changes over regular MPLS
             needed to make bi-directional LSPs available to
             classical MPLS.

1420-1425 TDM Design Team Update/Discussion
  Tom K. Johnson <tom_johnson@litchfieldcomm.com>
 Discussion: Intend to inform the WG about any agreements reached by the
             TDM DT prior to the WG meeting and answer any questions.

1425-1430 Unstructured TDM
  Sasha Vainshtein <Sasha@AXERRA.com>
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vainshtein-pwe3-ucesopsn-00.txt
 Discussion: This is a NEW draft. Hence I plan to discuss the
             motivation, basic approach, standard issues vs.
             local issues and the list of FFS issues. Also,
             perhaps the results of discussion in the TDM
             Design Team.

1430-1440 Header Compression Drafts
  "Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALASO" <gash@att.com>
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-e2e-vompls-hdr-compress-00.txt
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-e2e-crtp-hdr-compress-00.txt
 Discussion: I'm planning to discuss the following issues: a) PWE3 WG
             charter extension, b) protocol extensions for cRTP, RSVP-TE,
             RFC2547 VPNs, c) resynchronization, performance, and
             applicability of cRTP and 'simple' mechanisms, d) scalability
             of E2E VoMPLS applied CE-CE, and e) LDP application as the
             underlying LSP signaling mechanism.  These issues have been
             further elaborated and discussed on the PWE3 mailing list.

1440-1445  SG13 Activities Regarding X-MPLS Interworking
  "Ghassem Koleyni" <ghassem@nortelnetworks.com>
 Discussion: I plan to tell them about progress in ATM-MPLS interworking
             and show them few encapsulation formats that we have agreed
             which is based pretty much like the draft that Luca has.

1445-1455  Draft Updates
  Luca Martini <luca@level3.net>
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-01.txt
 Discussion: Changes from draft-martini.
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-ethernet-encap-01.txt
 Discussion: Updated Ethernet encapsulation employing only one mode.
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-atm-encap-00.txt
 Discussion: Merging of two proposed designs.

1455-1500 Wrap Up