Re: [PWE3] CEP IESG comments

Carlos Pignataro <cpignata@cisco.com> Mon, 13 November 2006 02:52 UTC

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:52:18 -0500
From: Carlos Pignataro <cpignata@cisco.com>
To: Ron Cohen <ronc@resolutenetworks.com>
Subject: Re: [PWE3] CEP IESG comments
Cc: pwe3@ietf.org

Ron,

One quick question: The IANA Considerations section (Section 14) reads:

14.  IANA Considerations

   IANA considerations for pseudo-wires are covered in [PWE3-IANA].  CEP
   does not introduce additional requirements from IANA.

However, [PWE3-IANA] defines the "MPLS Pseudowire Type" [RFC4446] of
"SONET/SDH Circuit Emulation over Packet (CEP)", but not the
corresponding "L2TPv3 Pseudowire Type":
http://www.iana.org/assignments/l2tp-parameters

Also, in the signaling sections 11.X, I was wondering if the "CEP/TDM
Payload Bytes" and "CEP/TDM Bit Rate" interface parameter sub-TLVs
defined in [RFC4446] correspond to the "TDM PW AVP" definitions in
Section 2.1 of draft-ieft-l2tpext-tdm-02 when used over L2TPv3 (and
therefore a reference and brief description would be needed)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ieft-l2tpext-tdm-02#section-2.1
and the "CEP Options" interface parameter sub-TLV does not have an
equivalent L2TPv3 AVP.

Thanks,

--Carlos.

--Carlos Pignataro.