Re: [PWE3] Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-12.txt

Yaakov Stein <yaakov_s@rad.com> Sat, 27 November 2010 16:54 UTC

From: Yaakov Stein <yaakov_s@rad.com>
To: "david.black@emc.com" <david.black@emc.com>, "pwe3@ietf.org" <pwe3@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 16:54:22 +0000
Subject: Re: [PWE3] Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-12.txt

David

Thanks for the response.

What I intended regarding the NSP is something less than
  "everything an implementer needs",
but more than
  "this is what the NSP is for" (which is what I believe you were trying to achieve with the wording you mention).

I understand in general that the NSP
but falls short as I have no idea how " selecting a subset of repetitive FC Primitive Sequences received" is done,
nor do I know what " Alternate Simple Flow Control (ASFC) protocol" is.

I am not trying to be a stickler here.
We don't have a full explanation of ATM in 4717 or of TDM in 4553, and that is fine.
But FC is less known (at least to me), and the NSP more intricate.

Y(J)S