PMP> new draft available

Randy Turner <rturner@sharplabs.com> Tue, 03 June 1997 03:02 UTC

Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 20:01:02 -0700
From: Randy Turner <rturner@sharplabs.com>
To: pmp@pwg.org
Subject: PMP> new draft available
Sender: pmp-owner@pwg.org

There is a new printer MIB draft available:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-mib-info-02.txt

The attached file contains a list of the approved modifications that
have been
made to the MIB.

Along with these changes, the following changes were made to allow
correct compilation by
the ISODE (Mosy) MIB compiler. (YES! it compiles correctly!)

1. Two alert code enumerations were duplicated in the textual convention
PrtAlertCodeTC:

coverOpened and coverClosed

These two enumerations were defined twice: once at positions 3 and 4 and
then again later
at 501 and 502.  The enums 501 and 502 were removed.

2. There was no DESCRIPTION clause for prtConsoleDisplayBufferTable. I
added one.

3. The compiler strongly objected to no length constraint on the OCTET
STRING for
prtGeneralSerialNumber. I gave it a length of (256).

But it compiles now! which is quite a relief I must say.

Randy