RE: [QOS_INBAND] next steps?

"McGeer, Patrick C" <rick.mcgeer@hp.com> Wed, 31 January 2007 21:23 UTC

Subject: RE: [QOS_INBAND] next steps?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:23:19 -0600
From: "McGeer, Patrick C" <rick.mcgeer@hp.com>
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, John Harper <john@anagran.com>
Cc: qos_inband@ietf.org

Magnus,
As I recall, we discussed discussing this in NSIS in Prague, and having
a "bar BoF" there, in preparation for a BoF in Chicago.  John Loughney
was certainly agreeable to discussing this in NSIS, and a number of
people at he meeting in San Diego (John Loughney and Scott Brim, in
particular) strongly suggested that in addition to the steps of forming
a discussion list, that we spend at least one more IETF meeting
socializing the idea before pursuing a BoF, and that NSIS was the
correct venue to start in because there were many others in that group
interested in the same issues.  Both John Harper and I are happy to do
this -- while we're understandably eager to move forward, we also feel
that it's extremely important to do this the right way within IETF,
respecting IETF's procedures and culture, and, most important, fitting
this work in the context of ongoing work within IETF.  NSIS and
QuickStart are two of the most prominent examples.

Cheers
Rick