[radext] FW: New Version Notification for draft-xue-radext-key-management-01.txt

Xueli <xueli@huawei.com> Fri, 12 July 2013 03:23 UTC

From: Xueli <xueli@huawei.com>
To: "radext@ietf.org" <radext@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 03:22:32 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.96.95]
Subject: [radext] FW: New Version Notification for draft-xue-radext-key-management-01.txt

Hi,

There is a new version for RADIUS Extensions for Key Management in WLAN network.

It is a general case that authenticator is deployed on gateway instead of AC. So In this scenario,
the encryption/decryption node  can't obtain Pairwise Master Key (PMK) information during Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP) procedure, it is not sufficient to
achieve traffic encryption/decryption requirement in Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) network.

This document analyzes the requirement and issue for key management
that has arisen so far during authentication process in WLAN network.
Meanwhile, the control messages for key management are defined.

This drat is updated with China-telecom as co-author.
Your comments are appreciated.

BR
Li