RE: Authorization for AAA and RADIUS work items

"Roy, Radhika R, ALABS" <rrroy@att.com> Sun, 04 January 2004 18:28 UTC

Subject: RE: Authorization for AAA and RADIUS work items
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 13:28:47 -0500
From: "Roy, Radhika R, ALABS" <rrroy@att.com>
To: Bernard Aboba <aboba@internaut.com>, radiusext@ops.ietf.org

Hi, Bernard:

I agree that AAA/RADIUS/DIAMETER server MUST not signal QoS.

It is also clear that authentication is also NOT directly related to
QoS.

However, you have agreed that "accounting" has implications on QoS.

I also believe that "authorization" may/will also have implications QoS
as John also mentioned.

So, we have bounded the problems how far we should go for
standardization of QoS attributes for the AAA/RADIUS/DIAMETER server.

So, is it possible to provide clear guidance what we should do in
addressing the QoS attributes?

Radhika