Issue: InetPortNumber range

"Bernard Aboba" <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com> Sun, 14 May 2006 19:27 UTC

From: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
To: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Bcc:
Subject: Issue: InetPortNumber range
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 12:27:09 -0700

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com
To: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-client-mib-05.txt
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:37:28 +0200

I think this document is fine now.
However, when I read:
    radiusDynAuthServerClientPortNumber OBJECT-TYPE
           SYNTAX     InetPortNumber
           MAX-ACCESS read-only

           STATUS     current
           DESCRIPTION
                 "The UDP destination port that the RADIUS Dynamic
                  Authorization Client is using to send requests to this
                  server. The value zero is invalid."
           ::= { radiusDynAuthServerEntry 4 }

I think I would make that

           SYNTAX     InetPortNumber (1..65535)
So that it is also determinable by machine that zero is invalid.
I know that I only pointed out that according to RFC4001 you must state
what zero means. But if the value is not allowed, as I now understand it,
then I think using the SYNTAX I suggest is better.

Bert