RE: Review of RFC 3576 MIBs

"Nagi Reddy Jonnala \(njonnala\)" <njonnala@cisco.com> Sun, 13 November 2005 06:07 UTC

Subject: RE: Review of RFC 3576 MIBs
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:37:09 +0530
From: "Nagi Reddy Jonnala (njonnala)" <njonnala@cisco.com>
To: Alan DeKok <aland@ox.org>, radiusext@ops.ietf.org

Thank you very much Alan for your review. Please see inline for <Nagi>.

<Nagi> The DAC may receive Disconnect-Response packets. To make it
consistent with other four MIBs, we'll update with "Disconnect-Response
packets" and "CoA-Response packets". Please note that as you mentioned
Response packets are mentioned in RFC 3576 Section 2.2.

>   See also radiusDynAuthServerDisconInvalidClientAddresses
> and radiusDynAuthServerCoAInvalidClientAddresses in the
> server MIB. The radiusDynAuthServDupDisconRequests refers to
> "Disconnect-Request packets", for example.

>   2) radiusDynAuthServerAddress has a description of "IP
> address value...", but it's missing a phrase used in the
> 26**bis documents:
>
> 	"..., , using the version neutral IP adddess format."
>
>   See also radiusDynAuthClientAddress in the server MIB.
>
>   I suggest adding that to be consistent with other RADIUS MIBs.

<Nagi> OK, we'll change.

>   3) Similarly, radiusDynAuthServerID talks about the
> NAS-Identifier, but is missing text that's in RFC 2619, and
> rfc2619bis:
>
> 	"This is not necessarily the same as sysName in MIB II."
>
>    See also radiusDynAuthServerIdentifier in the server MIB.
>
>   Question: Is this text relevant?

<Nagi> I guess this text means that it is a particular Radius
authentication/accounting/DynAuth client/server module name and could be
different from sysName. To make it consistent, we can also adopt that
text.

>  4) radiusDynAuthClientMalformedCoAResponses talks about
> "CoA-Response packets", but no such packets are defined in
> RFC 3576 (barring a diagram on page 6).  I would suggest
> using explicit "CoA-ACK" and CoA-NAK", but rfc2618bis uses
> "Access-Response" in the same manner.
>
>   And the text in radiusDynAuthClientCoAPendingRequests uses
> "CoA-Ack, CoA -NAK" explicitly.  (And there's an extra space
> in CoA-NAK)
>
>   I'm not sure what to suggest here.  Either leave it as-is,
> or change both this and rfc2618bis.

<Nagi> As I mentioned above, IMO, it is ok to have
Disconnect/CoA-Response packtes terminology and they are mentioned in
the diagram.

> ---
> draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-server-mib-02.txt
>
>   See comments above. Also, page 4, references to
> [RFC2618bis] and [DYNCLIENT] don't have RFC editor notes to
> replace the text with the final RFC numbers.  I don't know if
> such a note is necessary.

<Nagi> This makes sense otherwise how will the RFC editor know.

Thanks
Nagi.