RE: REMINDER: RADEXT WG last call on RFC 3576 MIBs

"Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Mon, 14 November 2005 00:05 UTC

Subject: RE: REMINDER: RADEXT WG last call on RFC 3576 MIBs
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 02:05:24 +0200
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, radiusext@ops.ietf.org

Here are my comments:

              draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-client-mib-02.txt

1. It would help to expand RADIUS in the Abstract and to add an
appropriate Informative Reference
2. The first paragraph in Section 3 includes a repeated sentence
3. As 2619bis and 2621bis will be supersets and will obsolete 2619 and
2621, I do not believe that there is any need for the older documents to
be referenced.
4. No need to list in the Security Consideration section the MIB objects
that are considered as non-vulnerable. These are by default all objects,
but the ones listed as potentially vulnerable.

              draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-server-mib-02.txt

1. It would help to expand RADIUS in the Abstract and to add an
appropriate Informative Reference
2. As 2618bis and 2620bis will be supersets and will obsolete 2618 and
2620, I do not believe that there is any need for the older documents to
be mentioned in section 3 and referenced.
3. No need to list in the Security Consideration section the MIB objects
that are considered as non-vulnerable. These are by default all objects,
but the ones listed as potentially vulnerable.

The documents are in god shape. In my opinion, they may be forwarded to
the IESG for consideration as Informational, with a note including the
known editorial problems.

Regards,

Dan