Re: [RAI] FW: Expert Review of 6 new SIP header fields defined by OMA CPM 1.0

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu> Tue, 17 July 2012 01:50 UTC

Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:51:03 -0400
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
To: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
Cc: "rai@ietf.org" <rai@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [RAI] FW: Expert Review of 6 new SIP header fields defined by OMA CPM 1.0

On 7/16/12 7:18 PM, DRAGE, Keith (Keith) wrote:
> Given Adam's response that these should all be standards track as currently defined, then if they do come in in that form, then there does need to be a reevaluation of the scope of the current INSIPID requirements.
>
> As far as I am aware it is not the scope of the INSIPID charter that rules this out, but only the requirements currently drafted in the working group document.

You seem to be making the assumption that this has some relationship to
INSIPID. I don't necessarily see that it does.

The suggestions that Adam and I had made for alternatives to what has
been proposed, using mostly existing fields, don't require the INSIPID
work. (Its ok if B2BUAs alter the values as long as they alter them in
all relevant places.) Maybe that won't work in practice, but there needs
to be discussion to determine why not.

If INSIPID starts calling for things such as Refer-To-Session_Id, then I
think it will quickly be shot down.

To go standards track the work should start in Dispatch. (And if it is
to progress smoothly then it should come as requirements, not as a
proposed mechanism that has already failed expert review.)

	Thanks,
	Paul