Re: [Rats] Call for adoption of draft-birkholz-rats-reference-interaction-model

Laurence Lundblade <lgl@island-resort.com> Thu, 20 August 2020 16:50 UTC

From: Laurence Lundblade <lgl@island-resort.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 09:50:27 -0700
Cc: "Nancy Cam-Winget (ncamwing)" <ncamwing=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "rats@ietf.org" <rats@ietf.org>
To: Henk Birkholz <henk.birkholz@sit.fraunhofer.de>
Subject: Re: [Rats] Call for adoption of draft-birkholz-rats-reference-interaction-model

Your distinction between reference and generic makes sense.  Some text can be added explaining that. For example “the flows in the document are descriptive, not prescriptive; actual protocol flows may be different as along as they achieve the same results”.

I suspect that mobile apps using the whole Web API development paradigm that use Android Attestation will have interesting flows that are dictated by the app, the layers in the web/app SW libraries and stack, how AWS/Azure/... works and so on. But they should still achieve in effect what is laid out in the reference interaction model.

I support adoption.

LL