[rddp] WG Last Call *Concluded*: Applicability, SCTP Adaptation, MPA

Black_David@emc.com Thu, 07 April 2005 00:34 UTC

From: Black_David@emc.com
To: rddp@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:33:44 -0400
Cc: Black_David@emc.com
Subject: [rddp] WG Last Call *Concluded*: Applicability, SCTP Adaptation, MPA
Sender: rddp-bounces@ietf.org

I have now completed my review of these drafts.  I have a bunch
of editorial comments that will be sent to the authors, but here
are the technical ones:

-- draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-02.txt

p.11: "An implementation may accept out of order segments, SACK them
[RFC2018], and pass them to DDP when the reception of the segments
needed to fill in the gaps arrive."  This sentence appears to be wrong -
a SACK'ed segment should be eligible for immediate placement without
waiting for gaps to fill.  I suggest clarifying text to distinguish
placement from delivery, as it's ambiguous which of these "pass them"
was intended to mean.

p. 24: "In certain rare situations, the EMSS may shrink to very small
sizes.  If this occurs, the MPA on TCP sender MUST NOT shrink the MULPDU
below 128 octets and is not required to follow the segmentation rules in
Section 5.3 MPA on TCP Sender Segmentation on page 22."  "very small
sizes" needs to be explicitly specified.  "not required" should be UPPER
CASE.

-- draft-ietf-rddp-applicability-02.txt

No technical comments.

-- draft-ietf-rddp-sctp-01.txt

Section 2.1 - Explain where the type value of 0xC006 comes from.

Section 9 - Tell IANA which registries these values go in.

The WG Last Call on these drafts is now concluded.  I believe that my
comments and Hemal's can be addressed without another WG Last Call.

Draft authors should prepare new versions of the drafts that address
these comments - please double-check with the commenters (Hemal and
myself) that the comments have been successfully addressed.  These
versions of the draft also need to be checked against the ID Checklist
on the IETF web site (e.g., the RDDP SCTP draft currently has one
too many authors).  I will work with our ADs to resolve the issue
of whether MPA is to become an informational vs. standards track RFC
when this next revision of the MPA draft is available.

Thanks,
--David
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754