RE: [rddp] RDDP draft update

"Jim Pinkerton" <jpink@windows.microsoft.com> Fri, 03 March 2006 19:36 UTC

Subject: RE: [rddp] RDDP draft update
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:36:13 -0800
From: Jim Pinkerton <jpink@windows.microsoft.com>
To: Black_David@emc.com, rddp@ietf.org

Apologies for not catching this in the original submission. All
incomplete references are in Section 10.2, Informative References. Here
are the directions to the RFC editor:

Change this:
[APPLICABILITY] RDDP Applicability draft (TBD exact reference)

To:
[APPLICABILITY] Bestler, C. , Coene, L. "Applicability of Remote Direct
Memory Access Protocol (RDMA) and Direct Data Placement (DDP)",
Internet-Draft Work in Progress draft-ietf-rddp-applicability-05.txt,
December 2005.

Change:
[INFINIBAND] TBD: exact reference.

To:
[INFINIBAND] "InfiniBand Architecture Specification Volume 1", release
1.2, InfiniBand Trade Association standard.
http://www.infinibandta.org/specs. Verbs are documented in chapter 11.

Jon
> Peterson), and he intends to put the RDDP security and applicability
> drafts
> on the March 16 IESG telechat agenda for approval.  Please send me the
> details about the missing reference and anything else critical ASAP so
> I can get them into an RFC Editor Note.  Anything else minor can be
dealt
> with during Authors 48 hours if the drafts are approved on March 16.
>
> I'm also informing the authors of all other RDDP drafts (DDP, RDMAP,
> MPA, SCTP) that I intend to start pushing hard for IESG approval of
> these drafts shortly after the Dallas meetings (RDDP WG is not
meeting)
> once the new Transport ADs are in place and have sorted out their
> responsibilities.  In order to get this done, I need draft authors to
> understand a loose analogy between editing a draft during AD/IESG
review/
> approval and flying an airplane.  Pilots have described flying as
> "hours of boredom followed by minutes of terror (when the plane has to
> be landed)".  Getting these drafts through the IESG is going to be
similar
> - weeks when nothing happens followed by a sudden note from me
explaining
> what has to be done to the draft and by when.  In some cases, I may
need
> 24-48 hour turnaround on small changes, but a week should be more
typical.

> Draft Authors - Make sure you can respond to this sort of short term
> editing request over the next few months.  There will probably be at
> least one more round of serious revisions due to our new AD reviewing
> the drafts from scratch.  If any primary draft author cannot deal
> with this sort of short-term editing request, I need to know that
> *NOW* and we'll need to find a draft editor who can.  My intent is to
> get all of these drafts approved for RFC Publication by the end of
June,